ICT Technician III
The ICT Technician III provides support services, investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems of users. The incumbent also creates user access to services within the Authority.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs microcomputers, network drops, software and peripheral equipment, following procedures and using hand tools.
- Provides strong technical hardware, software and network assistance and maintenance to all end users.
- Assists in minimizing down time and help achieve the most efficient use of technology available.
- Documents all questions and incidents with detail, for both accurate metrics and to help build a rich IT knowledge base.
- Ensures that problem reports received are tracked and monitored through to resolution, while providing feedback to the end user.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing hardware/software to meet users’ requirements.
- Connects users to networks including VOIP.
- Performs system upgrades, software updates and hardware maintenance to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Executes schedules and protocols developed for backups, maintenance and training.
- Trains users on the use of new equipment.
- Organizes personal computer software training for the Authority and conducts training sessions and provide training in system use and access.
- Adds users to the Domain as well as disable accounts, creates email accounts for users with the authorized request form.
- Maintains knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Adheres to Accreditation Standards, Public Health, Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety, Ministry of Health, Division of Health Wellness and Family Development, Board/ Registering Body and TRHA Protocols, Guidelines, Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Computer /Management Information from a recognized tertiary institution AND a minimum of one (1) year experience in a similar position.
- Associate Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or Computer /Management Information Systems from a recognized tertiary institution AND a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)/ Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Server Administrator certified.
- A+ and Network + certified.
- Experience in the Windows environment would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of PC and/or mainframe applications and systems.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions and to perform preventative maintenance on computer hardware and software.
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of an issue quickly when appropriate.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationships with users, co-workers and external agencies.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their curriculum vitae with copies of all relevant certificates (including Police Certificate of Character not more than six (6) months) by 12th July, 2021 to:
The General Manager Human Resources
Tobago Regional Health Authority
#197 Marie, Scarborough, TOBAGO
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line
of your email or on the envelope.
- All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification.
- We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Tobago Regional Health Authority
Information & Communication Technology
June 28, 2021
July 12, 2021