(Consideration will be given for Sessional or Virtual Consultation arrangements.)
The Consultant Microbiologist is required to manage and support the activities of the Pathology Laboratory at the Tobago Regional Health Authority specifically in the area of Microbiology where testing for bacterial, parasitic, and viral pathogens, as well as serological testing for viral pathogens are conducted. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, approving and reporting on all microbiology reports and ensuring that the quality standards are maintained within the Microbiology Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine including the diagnosis and initial treatment of a variety of diseases and injuries.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of preventative medicine.
- Knowledge of Public Health Ordinances and of medical jurisprudence.
- Knowledge of the Patients Charter/ Patients’ Bill of Rights.
- Some knowledge of administrative practices and procedures, rules, regulations, policies and standards related to medical services.
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of laboratory principles and procedures.
- Ability to take responsibility for delivering the service without direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge in the microbiology specialty.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice.
- Ability to establish and sustain good working relationships with colleagues and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to train staff within the microbiology unit on various processes and procedures.
- Ability to conduct and participate in research.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or Medical Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Medical Microbiology or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Consultant grade, specialist trained in Microbiology.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience as a Clinical Microbiologist within a hospital laboratory setting.
- Full Specialist Registration with the Medical Board of Trinidad and Tobago.
Certificates acquired at foreign universities MUST be support by certified transcripts as well as evidence that the completed programme is accredited in Trinidad and Tobago as certified by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) or relevant Registration Boards or Councils.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their Curriculum Vitae with copies of all relevant certificates (including Police Certificate of Character not more than six (6) months) and two (2) testimonials no later than 27th September 2022 at 4:00 p.m. to:
The General Manager, Human Resources
Tobago Regional Health Authority
#197 Mt. Marie Road
Or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
- Copies of all academic qualifications and registration (where necessary) must be submitted to be considered.
- All external certification must be accredited and evidence of the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification must be submitted.
- We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Tobago Regional Health Authority
September 13, 2022
September 27, 2022