The A & E Department provides 24-hour emergency care using the Triage System where emergencies are classified and treated on arrival as follows:
1. Critical Care – which involves drowning, diabetic or insulin coma, diving accidents, motor vehicle accidents or intense chest pain.
2. Injuries – which involves trauma, severe haemorrhagic shock, stab wounds or gunshot wounds, crush injuries or electric shock.
3. Insect bites – which includes scorpion stings, allergic reactions or foreign body in nose or throat.
4. Abdominal pain with vaginal bleeding or vomiting and diarrhea.
5. Infant with high fever, seizures, respiratory disease or acute asthma attack
Non-urgent cases will be treated in order of arrival.
Non-casualty cases are referred to the health center.